The Indian kitchen is a hub of ingredients like cereals, vegetables, fruits, herbs & spices, edible oils, etc. which are a source of vital nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. This has been established by studies conducted over a period of time. When these ingredients are used effectively in small quantities in a dish, they help improve the health and well-being besides strengthening the immune system. When we cook the food ourselves, we can be sure of the ingredients being used in the dishes, how they are cooked and what can be the possible outcome on our health and immunity.
COVID 19 pandemic has impacted communities around the world; leaving many people wondering what steps can be taken to stay healthy. Everyday preventive measures—such as hand washing, avoiding contact with sick individuals, and good hygiene—can go a long way in reducing risk to get infected by various viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
Immunity boosters are available in every Indian Kitchen, all we need to do is to make sure, we use them in the food we cook & eat daily.
In addition, there is evidence that nutrition and other lifestyle measures influence the strength of immunity and susceptibility to infectious diseases. This brings light to what we have all heard – ‘food is medicine’ due to its inherent medicinal and healing properties. The terrible pandemic awakened us to the fact that our food system is vulnerable.
Nutritionists and Wellness experts highlight the importance of strengthening immunity to live a healthy life. As the coronavirus spreads across the country and the world, you might be wondering how to stop the virus? You can protect your body from coughing and sniffles by loading up on immune-boosting ingredients in food.
How to Boost Immunity to protect yourself from COVID-19:
- Eating a well-balanced diet: Try to eat a variety of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and dairy products that will not only build up parts of your immune system, but can help you maintain a healthy weight. Simply fresh produce of Lettuces, Hydroponic Spinach, Kale, Arugula/Rocket leaves, Green basil, Baby Carrot, Celery, and Fresh Herbs like Oregano, Mint, Thyme, Wet Turmeric, and much more exotic and healthy produce will help you achieve it
- Drinking plenty of water: Water intake can have many positive benefits like aiding in digestion
- Prioritizing exercise: Moderate-intensity exercise can help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Getting enough sleep: Adults should get between 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Increasing vitamin intake: Vitamins B12, B6, C and E are all known for their immune-boosting properties. You can get all of these vitamins from a well-balanced diet. Some foods rich in these vitamins include Simply Fresh fruity peppers, cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, etc.
According to Dr. Ali Faraz, Nutritionist & Wellness consultant, Hyderabad, “Strong immune system is the key to a healthy life. For this Strong Immune System, we need nutrients like proteins, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Vitamins A, C, D & E. We can get most of the nutritious food from dairy products, fruits & vegetables, meats, leafy vegetables, Pulses, grains. To ensure that our immune system is performing optimally we need to know the nutritious home-cooked meals & the right ingredients for the required vitamins. When it comes to cooking, I prefer Simply Fresh produce as it is organic and ensures the perfect supply of nutrition via vitamins and minerals that are naturally produced.”
Turmeric filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory where it can fight a range of diseases like cancer, diabetes & Illness.
Ginger is stapled with many nutritional benefits & helps to fight flu & infections.
Baby Spinach prevents or slows the degeneration of immune and neurological systems.
Adding to this Mr. Sachin Darbarwar, CEO and Founder, Simply Fresh said,” COVID-19 infection can be prevented by sanitizing your hands, using mask, maintaining social distancing, and eating healthy food to boost immunity. In tough pandemic times like this we realize health is of utmost priority. With an increase in awareness about organic produce and its benefits, we are looking forward to supply the best produce at affordable prices and through quickest and safest mediums. Kitchen is a hub for many ingredients that have a proven record for providing the required carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, anti-oxidants, etc to help us stay healthy and boost immunity. However, we strongly recommend people to use quality brands for all your ingredients to enjoy maximum nutritional benefits. With a motto of affordable food safety, Simply Fresh’s mission is to bring fresh, clean, traceable, and technologically assisted produce through sustainable farming, adhering to the best standards of food safety. Simply Fresh produce is nutrient rich and helps boost your immunity with abundance of antioxidants and vitamins.”