9. Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute (EDII), Chennai
Established in 2001, the Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute (EDII), Chennai is an apex organisation in the field of entrepreneurship education and self-employment promotion in the state of Tamil Nadu.
EDII was constituted by Government of Tamil Nadu as a not-for- profit society and is administered by Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). Headed by the Addl. Chief Secretary who is also the Director of the Institute, EDII is managed under the superintendence of a Governing Council, appointed by the Government of Tamil Nadu
Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Development Protocol for higher education institutions, such as Colleges, polytechnics, ITIs, Agri, Vet & other Colleges are provided with:
- Entrepreneurship awareness & Business Opportunities and workshops
- Provides support and advisories at every stage of the business life cycle using a call centre manned by domain experts at EDII via chat, telephone and email as well as direct one-on-one interaction at EDII campus
- Mentorship program – online registration and monitoring: An online State network of high quality willing mentors will be created, from existing entrepreneur networks and successful entrepreneurs in every district. Mentors registering online will be screened and rated based on performance criteria by entrepreneurs.
- Online Learning Portal: in Tamil and English with various self-learning modules based on evolving market for those who are unable to attend EDII courses directly, such as those who are employed.
- Rural Business Incubators to identify, document, support and harness innovations of grass-roots innovators.
- Training programs focused on creation of Social Enterprises even with a modest capital base, through social incubators.
- Ease of Doing Business workshops: would be organised every year for MSMEs in collaboration with IC and DIC for documenting problems and issues faced by MSMEs and recommend policy responses to the Government.
- State Entrepreneurship & Innovation Council: with participation of Industry, Academia, non-profits & Government agencies for recommending policy measures on ED & I with Hon. Minister for MSMED as Chairman & ACS, MSMED as Vice Chairman can help in dynamically refocussing Entrepreneurship and Innovation policy framework from time to time based on evolving market.
10. Enterprise Development Institute, Kolkata
Enterprise Development Institute is a non-profit making registered society promoted by Bengal National Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BNCCI) jointly with the Government of West Bengal for strengthening entrepreneurship and small enterprise development activities in West Bengal. The Ministry of Small Scale Industries, Government of India has also come forward to help the Institute to achieve its goals.
BNCCI, the oldest indigenous Chamber of Commerce and Industry in India was set up in 1887. It has all along been playing an important role as a promoter and facilitator for growth and development of industry, trade and commerce, particularly in West Bengal. BNCCI has always stressed on promotion of entrepreneurship so as to help the entrepreneurial base in the country. To achieve this objective BNCCI had set up in 1958 a Business Career Service Centre to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship, to identify potential entrepreneurs, and also to provide requisite guidance to young people to set up their own business ventures.
Since then, BNCCI has since been extending support to the prospective entrepreneurs through organizing entrepreneurship training, counselling, providing technical and follow-up support. BNCCI also set up Entrepreneurship Development Standing Committee to carry out regular programs in Kolkata and in the districts of West Bengal. Such programmes were supported by some State and Central Governmental organizations.
For giving more emphasis on enterprise and entrepreneurship development, BNCCI jointly with the Government of West Bengal promoted Enterprise Development Institute as a non-profit registered society in March 1999. The Institute started functioning from the BNCCI premises at Kolkata.
Entrepreneurship and skill development programme (SEDP) are being conducted in computer hardware maintenance, fashion design, fashion garments, silk screen printing, batik printing, fabric painting, decorated and scented candle making, diversified jute products, food processing, beautician, tour operator, hand embroidery, training of trainers and others. Several skill development training programs were organized for women SHG members.
11. Symbiosis Centre for Entrepreneurship And Innovation, Pune
Symbiosis Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (SCEI) is a Government recognized and funded startup-incubator (TBI). SCEI is founded and funded by the highly acclaimed Symbiosis International (Deemed University),
Incubatees of SCEI are generally early launch-stage startups, with a view to mature their idea into a scalable business.
Selected based on criteria of scalability of business, use of technology to get a competitive advantage, quality of delivery mechanisms and dedication of founders, and then mentored and funded by the SCEI network, with full access to the Symbiosis Innovation Lab in the incubator, they are nurtured towards success.
The SCEI Business Inception Program is a 12-week program designed to help and young innovators, who are committed to realizing their innovative ideas into working innovations, to morph their ideas into a market-validated prototype design with a tentative business plan.
The program aims to help participants develop their basic innovative business idea into a detailed design of the product, a workable view of the supply chain, a brief understanding of unserved customer requirements and delivery methods. In the process, the program aims to instil into the participant, a high level of confidence in his/her own ideas and capabilities to realize those ideas and keep coming up such ideas that he/she can convert to useful projects.