Rajkot machine tools association were established in 1983 with initial membership of 25 units. In past MTMA have perform various activities pertaining to common problems of machine tools Industries and strongly represents their hindrances to concern authorities and MTMA have successfully established infrastructure of purchasing the bearings direct from manufacturer and distributing among their members with objective of to get genuine quality with reasonable price.
Since last few years MTMA have widen up its horizon and expanded their activities with association of UNIDO ( United Nation Industrial Development Organization) & ICAMT (International Center for Advancement of Manufacturing Technology). Presently MTMA are active dynamically for the Technology up gradation program for their members through various remarkable activities. Now a days Around 200 machine tools manufacturers are the members of MTMA.
Rajkot is identify as Machine tools cluster in India by Ministry of SSI. Govt. of India & UNIDO and adopted by UNIDO for cluster development program for the machine tools industries.
Under this scheme MTMA and UNIDO have organized various effective and successful programs for their members.
Highlights of various activities leaded by MTMA:
A) Technology Up gradation Program
Under this scheme UNIDO have adopted 12 Units of MTMA for technology up gradation program. This program was successfully completed in Rajkot and looking towards the success story of this project, now second phase of this program is started in Rajkot and 25 Units of MTMA are adopted by UNIDO for this project.
Under this program certain activities are identify and our efforts are to put more emphases towards implementing this activities in group to improve performance of members of MTMA
- Implementing of QMS & ISO
- Introduction of ERP System
- Seminar on
- Using design tools AUTOCAD & Pro/E
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerances
- Training on Hydraulic, Automation & Fixture Design
- Application of CNC for metal cutting & metal forming
- Assembly techniques & parameters
- Training on Manufacturing Technology & effective out sourcing
- Importance of Quality
- Factory floor management and 5S house keeping
- Cost calculation and value engineering
- Training on Sales & Marketing
- Energy Audit
- Training program for workers
- Seminar on market trends