MSME-Development Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka, is established as a field office under MSMEDO-Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development Organization, the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India. MSMEDO is an apex body and a nodal agency for formulating, coordinating and monitoring the policies and development of small-scale industries in the country.
- To impart greater vitality and growth impetus to the small, tiny and village enterprises, in terms of output, employment, exports and installing a competitive culture based on heightened techno- managerial awareness.
- To popularize entrepreneurship among our youth & to motivate them to adopt it as their carrier then searching for employment.
- To impart confidence to individuals in managing their ventures.
- Organizing industrial awareness cum motivational Campaigns
- Organizing Entrepreneurship Development Programs
- Organizing Management Development Programs
- Organizing Skill Development Programs
- Promote and encourage Energy Conservation
- To encourage Pollution Control activities
- Promote and encourage Quality Control and technology Upgradation
- Co-ordination with DICs & other industrial development institutions & agencies in the state
- Linkage with State Govt. Functionaries
- Promote and encourage Export Promotion
- Promote and encourage Vendor Development and Sub contracting
- Provide Common Facility Workshop/Laboratories
- Preparation of Directory of Specific Industry
- Assistance/Consultancy rendered to existing units
- Preparation of State Industrial Profiles
- Preparation/Updation of District Industrial Potential Surveys
- Conducting Market Surveys
- Collection of Production Index Statistics
- Preparation of Project Profiles
- Intensive Technical Assistance