As we are getting closer to the year end, we should look at the opportunities that have already started knowing at our doorstep. The IT industry creates a huge scope for SMEs. In all sense, ICT have proven it’s utility for the businesses of across sizes have recognized the utility and value of technology. IN such scenario, ICT itself creates a great pool of opportunities for businesses
Year 2012 would be a momentous year for the ICT industry globally and in the Asia Pacific region. Many trends that we saw getting traction in the last couple of years have crossed the chasm and would be a mainstream feature of the ICT industry moving forward.
Market research firm, Frost & Sullivan have pointed out top 10 trends that will drive the 2012 ICT industry include the following
- Mobile Platforms hitting critical mass in the Asia Pacific region across tablets and smartphones.
- Platform play across the ICT sector would the critical value generator and more telcos would like to take a position in the same
- While consumer social networking would continue to gain momentum, we will see real use cases in the business environment driven by enterprise social networking
- Fixed Broadband will make a come back as the promised speeds and availability begin to be more ubiquitous in many countries
- Internet of Things (IOT) will further accelerate as more and more devices, equipment and gadgets etc. get connected creating opportunities for value creation and new business models
- Big Data and Analytics will see reaching the chasm in 2012 and get deployed through variety of platforms and be enabled by emerging technologies.
- Cloud Computing In 2012, cloud computing is set to become mainstream in Asia Pacific region. Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is set to be the new battleground in the cloud computing industry as PaaS vendors seek to attract developers to their platforms
- Telco transformation will evolve as more and more telcos come under revenue growth pressure even across the emerging markets. Choice of play in the market would be decision that can no longer be postponed.
- Enterprise communications would become richer, more collaborative and increasingly move towards the cloud
- ICT as an enabler will continue to gain momentum as telcos, SIs, ISVs etc. move beyond pure ICT industry to drive growth, value and margins in the future
In this pool of opportunities, tech entrepreneurs must look at these areas in order to achieve growth. Only time will tell us the true potential of these opportunities and success stories from this pool. But we would like to wish these entrepreneurs a happy year ahead.