The advancement of technology and the evolution of web from its early nascent stage have changed the way modern day business establishments conduct their business. The increasing internet penetration levels across the globe including developing nations like India have made sure that majority of consumers use the internet as their primary tool to look for resources and products. The power of internet works mutually as a two way information gateway while allowing users to look for products online on the one hand and also allowing the business owners to get directly associated with the consumer base.
Tapping the Power of the Web: It is a given that almost all small and medium enterprises including small scale industry establishments work on a shoe string budget. The power of internet is a useful bridge between the enterprise and potential client base. With such large volume of people online, no company how big or small can ignore to tap the power of the cyber world which can translate into sales with minimal costs compared to traditional marketing and awareness campaigns.
The Importance of SEO: One of the starting points for all business establishments including SME’s is to have a web presence in the domain of their market segment. While having a website or online presence is one thing, making it stay afloat in the tons of data floating all over the cyber world is another thing altogether. This is where Search engine optimization or SEO comes as a helpful cushion. Simply speaking search engine optimization or SEO enhances the website of the small business establishments using keywords and other tools that not only make the website rank higher on all search engines but also makes sure that consumers searching for specific products are driven to the website without getting lost in the high volume traffic of the internet. Since most web users use the various search engines to look for products and services required, SEO techniques if implemented correctly can make a difference between driving traffic to the business than simply having a web presence which is lost in the high volume data of the internet.
Recommended SEO Tips: Now that we understand the importance of Search engine optimization and how it can help in driving dedicated traffic to the websites. Let us take a look at some of the highly recommended SEO tips that can be implemented.
- Use Local Business Listings: Various search engines including Google and Yahoo have a dedicated platform listing business establishments according to their location or registered business addresses. Enrolling on such local business listings platforms enable users in nearby vicinity to know about the business establishment near their location.
Local business listings can be equated to customized local yellow pages for each business establishment. It not only lists the business entity globally but also focuses on local listings helping businesses to grow. Remember to always add the relevant keywords about the product or the service offered while listing the company. The search engine results are listed according to the keywords added by the users and hence using appropriate keywords while adding the company increases the success rate exponentially. Allow users to rank and rate your website, products and services which can increase the credibility of the business for other future potential clients.
- Use Video Channels: Just like the song Television killed the radio star, the visual medium remains the best bet in enhancing business credibility while also increasing traffic on the commercial website. Using video channel websites like Youtube on the business, its aspects and the various products and services offered by the company is an impeccable tool to enhance search engine optimization as well as having a one on one interaction with the consumer base while disclosing the efficiency of the products offered by the company.
- Enroll on Industry Directories: There are various industry centric web directories available online. Listing the website of your company with appropriate keywords on such directories makes sure that search engines rankings are enhanced while opening avenues for more global exposure. Getting listed on free as well as paid directories not only enhance the credibility of the company but also allows in better traffic and potential sale leads.
- Implement Social Networking: Social networking is the most powerful tool that allows one on one interaction of the business organization with its clients. Using social media platforms like Facebook and twitter are not only brand building tools but also allow business organization o have a direct word with the clients which adds a human touch to all business etiquette.
- Use the services of SEO Consultant: If your budget allows some degree of flexibility, you are better off taking the services of an SEO consultant who specializes in promoting business websites to all targeted and niche audiences. Spending time online implementing all search engine optimization techniques might not be possible for business owners and tight budgets might not allow for having a dedicated in-house web team. The services of freelance SEO consultants can help spread the word while the organizational staff is allowed to focus on product development and looking after the daily needs of the business and its establishment.